Monday, October 22, 2007

Joy in Sorrow.


Well This last weekend we all took a trip up to Sacramento for my Grandma Lucy's Funeral. I actually drove up with my mom on Wednesday October 17th, while the rest of the fam flew in on Friday the 19th. The weekend was filled with mixed emotion as the realization that I have no more Grandma's alive. It was a sobering thought. I remembered the good times, the laughs, and Family reunions, but most of all I tried to remember Grandma. Her looks, her smiles, what did she love. Every thought came back to the same answer. She loved her family and she really loved when we were all together. That is when her smiles were the biggest.

Grandma, Thank you for the times I heard you belly laugh, Thank you for saying I love you with your eyes, the words weren't needed. Thank you for a smile that said I am proud of you. And most of all thank you for The hug that said everything else. No matter what we always knew we could always cuddle up with Grandma for a great big HUG.

Grandma, these pictures are posted on the blog for you because your family made you the happiest.










2 comments:

BoomerDanceLover said...

Jason, What an uplifting post and I'm sorry about your Grandma but we know she is in a better place now. My dear friend of 16 years died last week. It hurts the heart doesn't it? Your photos are precious. You have a great family. Thanks. boomerblogpro@blogspot.com (Iguess that's my address)

Aaron James said...

Great tribute Jay. It was good to see the family again.