Saturday, July 14, 2007

Kobe vs Lakers

For as long as I can remember I have and always will be a Laker fan. The excitement and enthusiasm I have for the Kobe's Lakers at this juncture has never been equaled. I say that even remembering when SHOWTIME was the talk of the sport! The days of SHOWTIME and epic battles that would transpire on the court between Lakers & Pistons, Celtics, were phenomenal, and moment to moment even heart stopping. I can recall my dad pacing around the floor many a time saying," I cant take it I cant watch," while truth be told there was no way that channel would have ever have been touched for fear of flames coming out of his mouth! Magic Johnson, and Kareem Abdul Jabbar, with some incredible supporting cast like, James Worthy, Michael Cooper and who can forget Kurt Rambis, and Byron Scott won 5 championships in the 80's. That was a great team with incredible chemistry and a will to win!! Their heart was in it...
I seem to feel like the current Lakers don't have that same heart & will. I believe this is directly related to Kobe. Please don't get me wrong, I believe Kobe is the best player in the league & has been many years now. I think we really need to be honest & agree he has no support but yet the Lakers seem to continue to go after young talent, as if they are searching for the next Kobe!!
THEY WILL NEVER WIN ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP THAT WAY!!
Lakers be consistent you dropped Shaq because Kobe wanted to be the man & is. Now if he is asking for some better support and obviously feels cant get it done with the support he has, go after who he wants & get him or them and sacrifice some young talent for crying out loud! Fans want a championship & especially want another one for Kobe. I think he has earned it just look at his stats for the last few years. you will agree. I say get KG at any cost and you will see that championship very soon!
how do you feel out there? let me know!!
Thanks for reading

2 comments:

Aaron James said...

Great blog J. Who cares about those money hungry Lakers anyway. I'm just kidding. I posted a link on my blog to yours. I'll check your all the time. Catch you later.

Jason White said...

To Aaron and all those other Suns fans. Don't be hating on the Lakers & Kobe even though this year we will beat you in the playoffs!!